All eligible Pitt faculty and staff can enroll in a payroll deduction program that provides interest-free financing for qualifying technology purchases.
- An initial nonrefundable payment equal to 10% of the purchased item
and a $20.00 administrative fee is due at time of purchase.
- A minimum purchase value of $250.00 up to a maximum of $3,000.00 may be deferred.
- Employees may enter into a maximum of two employee technology payroll deduction agreements
at any one time.
- Employee may choose a 6-month or 18-month payment plan.
- Payroll deduction will begin in the next available payroll period after the application and employee technology payroll deduction agreement is signed by the employee.
If employee ends their employment with the University of Pittsburgh, the University Store must be notified immediately, and the employee must arrange payment in full. Employees must present credit card and University ID at the time of purchase. Employee must be current full or part-time eight to twelve month a year and must have completed the provisional period of employment.
- What can I purchase with payroll deduction? Item must be a computer hardware device: Laptops, desktops, and tablets all qualify. Computer accessories may be included on the hardware purchase, but accessories cannot be the sole transaction.
- Can I purchase more than one item at a time? Yes, employees may enter into a maximum of two Employee Technology Payroll Deduction Agreements at any one time; provided that the combined total of both agreements does not exceed $3,000.00.
- Can I pay off the deduction balance in full? No, early pay off of the balance is not permitted unless an employee is leaving the University. If employee ends their employment with the University of Pittsburgh, the University Store must be notified immediately, and the employee must arrange payment in full.
- Can I return items purchased with payroll deduction? There are NO RETURNS or EXCHANGES on products purchased via payroll deduction unless a product is defective.